Don’t Let Aging Teeth Show Your Age
As you age, your risk of dental problems increases every year. To keep your smile healthy and strong, follow these trusted tips.
Minimize Wear and Tear on your Teeth
While teeth are naturally strong, age and time can take their toll. This leaves many older adults struggling with eroded tooth enamel, receded gums, jaw damage, dental diseases, and other oral issues. To protect your aging teeth, rely on these proven dental care tactics:
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day
- Get regular dental check-ups and cleanings from an affordable dentist
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush and a very gentle touch to keep from damaging your tooth enamel and gums
- Make sure to floss on a daily basis
- Try professional or over-the-counter tooth whitening to remove stubborn stains from aging teeth
- Talk to your dentist about applying protective varnishes to your teeth to prevent further decay and damage
Kiss Dry Mouth Goodbye
Did you know that dry mouth is a primary side effect of hundreds of medications? A sudden lack of saliva can make it challenging to chew and swallow, as well as cause bad breath, and lead to dental care problems. Try these strategies to keep your dry mouth moist:
- Chew sugarless gum to encourage saliva production
- Suck on sugarless candies to increase your saliva
- Drink more water, and try holding it in your mouth a few extra moments before swallowing
- Talk to your doctor about changing your medications
Keep your Teeth Strong with Good overall Oral Hygiene
Healthy teeth are a dental care priority, but their strength also depends on the health of your gums, jaw, and mouth. These form the foundation for teeth and must be protected as you age. After all, developing gum disease is so common as you age that it is the primary reason for tooth loss in older adults. Luckily, gum disease and many other oral problems are treatable at any age. But instead of needing to fix this problem, a better strategy is to focus on prevention and protection by maintaining proper at-home dental care and getting regular professional cleanings and check-ups from your affordable dentist in Springfield to
To get the dental care you deserve from an affordable dentist in Springfield, call Gentle Dental of Springfield today at (484) 810-1247 or make an appointment.
Gentle Dental offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Springfield. With 14 affiliated practices in the Greater Philadelphia area, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Gentle Dental of Springfield, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Gentle Dental of Springfield.