What You Should Know about Choices, Care, and Cost for Braces
Braces can bring many benefits to you or your child, but they bring along a high cost that many people can’t handle. To help ease your expense and stress, discover these savvy strategies to find affordable braces.
Factors that Impact How Much Braces Cost
Once you know you need braces, you’ll want to know–how much do braces cost? Well, there is not one simple answer because these factors will determine the final cost:
- Types of Braces: There are many choices today and the kind you choose can have a big effect on the braces cost. The most affordable braces are traditional metal brackets that are placed on the front of teeth, which are now smaller and more comfortable than ever. More expensive options are much more discreet, such as lingual braces hidden behind the teeth, tooth-colored ceramic braces, and even invisible braces.
- Treatment Time: Most people need braces for around two years, but your needs and your age will affect the length of wear. Children typically require shorter treatment, which means fewer dental adjustments and lower total braces cost.
- Location of Care: The city and state where you get your braces will have an impact on your overall braces costs. Practices in big cities and some states have higher overhead, which means patients pay more.
What Makes Braces Worth the Cost?
If you feel that braces cost a lot, remember their many health and personal advantages and you will soon realize that braces are worth every penny. Braces may actually save you money because they keep you or your child from facing these issues:
- Overcrowded or crooked teeth can make it harder to keep your teeth and gums healthy. That can lead to additional dental problems and expenses.
- · Chronic dental problems can lead to major medical conditions, such as heart disease, diabetes, malnutrition, and more.
- An unattractive or unhealthy smile can make you or your child feel self-conscious, but fixing its faults can greatly boost self-esteem.
Tips for Getting Affordable Braces
You may think that your dental insurance will cover the braces cost, but keep in mind that coverage depends on your provider and plan. Dental insurance is rarely enough to cover the entire cost of orthodontic treatment, plus some plans limit care to medical need or children under 18. If your insurance doesn’t cover braces or you lack insurance, here are two ways to get affordable braces:
- DentRite® is a dental savings plan that gives enrollees significant savings on many dental procedures. It offers membership options for families and individuals, as well as acceptance for everyone and limitless usage.
- CareCredit is a healthcare credit card that lets users finance many health treatments. It provides exclusive financing options, convenient monthly payment plans, and it’s accepted by more than 175,000 national providers.
To learn about our family dentistry practice in Springfield, call Gentle Dental of Springfield today at (484) 810-1247 or make an appointment.
Gentle Dental offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Springfield. With 14 affiliated practices in the Greater Philadelphia area, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Gentle Dental of Springfield, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Gentle Dental of Springfield.