The Right Way to Recover after a Dental Implant
Are you missing one or several teeth? Your tooth replacement options are dentures, bridgework, or dental implants, yet the most recommended option is a dental implant. But the outcome of your treatment rests on your recovery, so learn how to take care of yourself after the procedure to ensure the best results.
Determine the Perfect Procedure
After choosing a dental implant as your ideal tooth replacement, the next question is which procedure is best for your needs. See, there are a few different procedures and the selection is based on your case, the type of dental implant, and your preferred dental implant costs. More complicated cases require a three-part process that spans the surgical treatment over a few months to allow time for healing. But simpler cases are eligible for same day dental implants, which offer greater convenience and shorter recovery time. You should keep in mind that same day dental implants tend to cost more than the long-term option, but many people find that the immediate results are worth the higher dental implant costs.
Recover in a Healthy Way
No matter the success of the surgery, your recovery period will ultimately determine the outcome of your case. The best way to ensure a proper recovery is to follow all instructions provided by your dentist. Usually these include:
- Only choose softer foods for a few days following surgery, gradually trying firmer foods as you begin to heal.
- Treat mild pain and discomfort with the pain relievers recommended by your dentist.
- Maintain good dental hygiene habits to protect the surgical site from decay and infection.
- Avoid strenuous activities for a few days after treatment.
- Go to follow-up dental appointments as instructed.
- Call your dentist immediately with any questions or concerns.
Take Care of Aftercare Needs
According to dental experts, dental implant surgery has between a 95 percent and 97 percent success rate. To ensure you experience similar success, follow these simple aftercare tips
- Maintain good dental hygiene habits, including twice-daily brushing and flossing every day, to keep dental implants free from food and debris.
- See your dentist for regular check-ups and cleanings, as well as to detect any problems at their earliest stage.
- Avoid dangerous dental behaviors, such as chewing ice and using teeth as tools.
To get the dental care you deserve from an affordable dentist in Springfield, call Gentle Dental of Springfield today at (484) 810-1247 or make an appointment.
Gentle Dental offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Springfield. With 11 affiliated practices in the Greater Philadelphia area, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Gentle Dental of Springfield, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Gentle Dental of Springfield.